Friday, October 26, 2007

Sonic Pictures

First up on The Pictobox is a batch of my Sonic fan art, featuring the Blue Blur himself.



This picture is a side-by-side comparison of Sonic from Sonic the Hedgehog (1991 version) and Sonic from Sonic the Hedgehog (2005 edition). I didn't exactly put forth a heck of a lot creative talent on this one, but it sure looks cool. It really shows you how much Sonic's changed, but also how true Sega has been sticking to his original appearance.


This is one of my earlier edits using a harder way to copy and paste the characters into the scenes than I use now. It turned out pretty good, though. In case you were wondering, all of those characters are from Sonic Heroes. Knuckles is in Pumpkin Hill from SA2B, Sonic is in the Chao Garden from SA2B, and Tails is in City Escape (the best level in all of video game history) from SA2B. RANDOM TRIVIA: See that smeared part of Pumpkin Hill down near the bottom left? That was my rather botched attempt at editing out the GameSpot logo.


Ah, here's an older picture as well. I don't know what inspired me to do this, but it was fun to make. It's a picture titled "This is Nothin'!", and portrays the calm before the storm of Sonic's epic battle with a giant Army. NOTE: An Army is an enemy from Donkey Kong Country, so Sonic was not up against an actual "army". Also note that this is a slightly refurbished version, using my newer multi-layer-earaser technique.


Oh, I almost forgot about this one! It's a cool little picture I made featuring the Sonic of today leaping through the original Sonic the Hedgehog. Kinda cool.



This is one of my favorites... as you can clearly see, it's a collage of SA2B character. This was probably the most fun to make out of all of them, and I think it turned out quite good.

Well, that's it for now. I hope you enjoyed those pictures, and now you can look forward to more. At least, that's the hope.

No comments: